Andy easily loves 3 things more than anything: Godzilla, chicken tenders and training. Known to a few as Chicken Tender, he rides next to framed posters of Godzilla when on the bike trainer and indulges in tasty breaded tenders after hard workouts or successful races (he must earn his tenders). A decent runner in high school, Andy unfortunately eschewed collegiate running in favor of studying and trying to impress his now wife. When he finally began racing again, he decided it wasn't much fun until he put it together with swimming, a sport from his early years and bicycling. Now he trains for olympic and half-iron distance races while setting aside a little time to race in local running races such as the Cherry Blossom 10-miler to try to prove to himself that he can hang with the runners.
- Date of Birth/Location: 5/20/1986, Washington, DC
- Years Racing: 3
- Strengths on the course: Getting there early
- Goals for 2012: Not run or bike into cars anymore
- Nickname: Chicken Tender / CTR / Nugget / Nugz
- Family Status: 1 wife, 2 cats, 5 bicycles
- Currently on iPod: Big Van Vader's WWF entrance theme
- Little known fact about me: I am a great dish washer
- Favorite Races: Columbia Triathlon, Cherry Blossom 10-miler
- Favorite Result: None in particular that I'm happy about
- Favorite Movie: Godzilla vs Biollante
- Favorite thing when not swimming, biking, or running: An epic triathlon of watching Godzilla movies, eating chicken tenders and folding laundry.
- Blog: chickentenderrunner.blogspot.com