Bryan got his start in triathlon back in 2008 when a good friend wanted to go to the informational meeting for the New Triathlete Program with the DC Triathlon Club and that she did not want to go alone. After his interest was piqued at the meeting, he joined the club and competed alongside the NTP class at New Jersey State Triathlon. The race has gone down in NTP history as Bryan placed third in the novice division despite riding on his mountain bike and he has become hooked on the sport of triathlon ever since (he has even upgraded to a road bike for racing). Bryan has also become highly involved in the DC Triathlon Club serving as a Lead Program Manager for NTP from 2010 to 2012 and now serves on the club's Board of Directors as the Director of Programs for the upcoming year. Bryan now trains for all triathlon distances though he really enjoys the Olympic distance triathlon the most, yet technically he has never done a Sprint distance triathlon. Since someone stole Bryan's idea of riding a Capital Share bike in a triathlon, he has had to up the ante in his ideas and now wants to race a Sprint triathlon on a penny farthing bicycle (though he still has to figure out the "flying dismount" into T2 for that).
- Date of Birth/Location: 3/7/1975; Dallas, TX
- Current Residence: Gaithersburg, MD (it's not THAT far from DC)
- Years Racing: 5
- Strengths on the course: Smiling and acknowledging fellow club members.
- Family status: Single and accepting applications.
- Nickname: None and accepting suggestions.
- Race schedule for 2013: The Goofy Challenge, Ironman Austria and a few other races as yet unplanned.
- Goals for 2013: After knocking off Boston Qualifying in my 2012 goals, Ironman Austria will be an attempt to Kona Qualify. Other goals include going sub 2:05 in an Olympic and closing in on the 4:30 Half Ironman benchmark.
- Currently on my iPod: Fun., Lady Gaga, O.A.R., Edward Sharpe, and Gangnam Style of course! Anything that's upbeat and fast.
- Little known fact about me: I am a Lord of the Rings fan (though not sure that's "little known"). Okay, I play the piano. How's that?
- Favorite Race: SavageMan 70.0; call me crazy, but it's fun.
- Favorite Result: Crossing the finish line at his first Ironman.
- Favorite Movie: The Lord of the Rings Trilogy, of course.
- Favorite thing when not swimming, biking, or running: Happy hour. After all, I run cleaner on ethanol.