Bryan got his start in triathlon back in 2008 when a good friend wanted to go to the informational meeting for the New Triathlete Program with the DC Triathlon Club and told him that she did not want to go alone. After his interest was piqued at the meeting, he joined the club and competed alongside the NTP class at New Jersey State Triathlon. The race has gone down in NTP history as Bryan placed third in the novice division despite riding on his mountain bike and he has become hooked on the sport of triathlon ever since. Bryan has also become highly involved in the DC Triathlon Club serving as a Lead Program Manager for NTP from 2010 to 2012 and then on the club's Board of Directors as the Director of Programs for 2013 to 2014. Bryan now serves as an officer of the club's Board of Directors in the role of Treasurer. Bryan now trains for all triathlon distances though he really enjoys the Olympic distance triathlon the most, yet technically he has never done a Sprint distance triathlon. Since someone stole Bryan's idea of riding a Capital Share bike in a triathlon, he has had to up the ante in his ideas and now wants to race a Sprint triathlon on a penny farthing bicycle (though he still has to figure out the "flying dismount" into T2 for that).
- Date of Birth/Location: March 7; Dallas, TX
- Current Residence: Alexandria, VA
- Years Racing: 8
- Strengths on the course: Smiling and acknowledging fellow club members.
- Family status: Single and accepting applications.
- Nickname: B$ (B-Money)
- Race schedule for 2016: After 4 Ironman triathlons in 3 years, I'm taking a break from ultra distance and going shorter. GW Parkway Classic. Columbia Triathlon. Rock Hall Triathlon. Luray Triathlon. SavageMan 70.0 possibly. Maybe 1 or 2 others.
- Goals for 2016: Continue getting closer to that 2:00 hour mark in an Olympic distance triathlon and that 4:20 mark in a Half Ironman triathlon.
- Currently on my iPod: Adele. Pitbull, Avicii, Rihanna, Lady Gaga, Edward Sharpe. Anything that's upbeat and fast.
- Little known fact about me: I am a Lord of the Rings fan (though not sure that's "little known"). Okay, I play the piano. How's that?
- Favorite Race: SavageMan 70.0; call me crazy, but it's fun. Maybe going for a 3rd BRICK in 2016.
- Favorite Result: Crossing the finish line at my first Ironman and crossing the finish line at Ironman World Championships!
- Favorite Movie: The Lord of the Rings Trilogy, of course.
- Favorite thing when not swimming, biking, or running: Happy hour. After all, I run cleaner on ethanol.