After a brief stint playing collegiate tennis, Chad took up running in 2007 as a way to get back in shape. He found triathlon two years later and has been going strong ever since. Not a strong swimmer, cyclist or runner, Chad enjoys the challenge of competing at an event in which he posses no natural talent. Chad enjoys the half and full ironman distances and looks forward to racing alongside teammates in 2013.
- Date of Birth/Location: June 21, 1976; Jackson, Mississippi (although I grew up in TX)
- Current Residence: Alexandria, VA
- Years Racing: 4
- Strengths on the course: wetsuit removal
- Goals for 2013: Qualify for 70.3 Worlds
- Key 2013 Races (identified thus far): IMTX, 70.3 Syracuse
- Nickname: Wolfie
- Family status: Married for 8 years; 2 kids
- Currently on my iPod: Metallica; Stone Temple Pilots; Nirvanna
- Favorite Race: any that doesn't involve the medical tent
- Favorite Result: 1st OA at 2012 Chesapeake Man Skipjack
- Favorite thing when not swimming, biking, or running: Resting ….and playing with the kids
- Best thing I've learned from triathlon training: No matter how early you leave for a training ride, be sure to make a note NOT to enter a parking garage with your bike atop your car. Very sad result will occur.