Courtney is very involved in the triathlon community in the DC area. She is currently serving her second year on the DC Tri Club Board of Directors and helps out with many High Cloud Foundation events. After a successful running career including multiple marathons, she began competing in triathlon and found her passion in the Ironman distance. This year Courtney is going to focus more on the half Iron distance and will be competing at Buffalo Springs Lake 70.3 and National Harbor 70.3. She is thrilled to be a part of the new DC Tri Snapple Team and looks forward to training and racing with this great group of athletes.
- Date of Birth/Location: May 16, 1978, Marshalltown, IA
- Years Racing: 6 years
- Strengths on the course: Run but biking is catching up
- Goals for 2012: Work on speed for the half distance and try to qualify for 70.3 Championships
- Nickname: Court
- Currently on iPod: Yes, I admit, I'm addicted to my iPod when I'm training on my own. I had way too many long runs and century rides last year during my IM training to go without it. I'm a pop freak!
- Little known fact about me: I was on a jump rope team when I was younger and travelled to Australia, Japan, Hong Kong and Hawaii with the team.
- Favorite Races: Boston Marathon – I've raced there three times but my all time favorite was when my dad and I ran it together! Ironman Cozumel is another favorite - beautiful course, great spectators and great resorts for some R&R after racing.
- Favorite Result: Ironman Louisville, 2011 – Everything just clicked that day and I felt good the entire race! I ended up with an IM PR with a time of 10:51, 5th in my AG and missed a Kona slot by just a few minutes. Gotta work on that swim thing!
- Favorite thing when not swimming, biking, or running: Spending time with my boyfriend Ron, good friends and family; singing, eating and travelling
- Blog: courtneyfulton.blogspot.com