When she's not testing new recipes, Mindy Ko loves to bike-commute and swim at Haines Point. Mindy needed an outlet for her endless energy after playing Divison I tennis and living abroad for several years, so she signed up for her first triathlon in 2009 with Team in Training. She's fallen in love with the sport ever since. Her 2013 season includes MonticelloMan, Rev3 Quassy Half, and IM Mont Tremblant.
- Date of Birth/Location: Jan 5, 1983 in Salt Lake City, UT - and no, I'm not Mormon
- Years Racing: 3 years and no end in sight!
- Strengths on the course: Swim - the longer the better! and high-fiving spectators!
- Goals for 2013: Figure out nutrition in the IM distance. Get some power on the bike. Run like there's ice cream and grilled cheese sandwiches at the finish line.
- Nickname: Chainsaw Ko, "Are you gonna eat that" Ko
- Family Status: Loving life with another Snapple triathlete and our carpet of grease stains.
- Height: 5.2" and done growing
- Little known fact about me: My twin sister looks nothing like me and we are complete opposites
- Favorite Races: Columbia, Black Fly, Quassy Rev3
- Favorite Result: Winning maple syrup at Black Fly
- Favorite thing when not swimming, biking, or running: Cooking, traveling, trekking at high altitudes, laughing
- Favorite Food: Xiao long bao, any Thai curry, Malai Kofta Curry, sushi
- Blog: vidamindy.blogspot.com
- Favorite Countries Visited: India, Hong Kong, Nepal