Mindy needed an outlet for her endless energy after playing DI tennis at university and living abroad for several years, so she signed up for her first triathlon in 2009 with Team in Training. She's fallen in love with the sport ever since and become quite pleased to know that all those swim hours in high school are of benefit now. She kicks off her 2015 season with the Zion Half Marathon and Boston Marathon.
- Date of Birth/Location: January 5 in Salt Lake City, UT - and no, I'm not Mormon
- Years Racing: 7th year and no end in sight!
- Strengths on the course: Swim - the longer the better! and high-fiving spectators!
- Goals for 2016: Improve technique and increase power on the bike. Run like there's ice cream and grilled cheese sandwiches at the finish line.
- Nickname: Chainsaw Ko, "Are you gonna eat that" Ko
- Height: 5.075"
- Family Status: Just got hitched to the Snapple co-director Bart Forsyth!
- Favorite Races: Rev3 Quassy and Williamsburg
- Favorite Race Moment: Final 200 meters at IMMT 2014 on the cobblestone trail
- Favorite Post-Race Food: Milkshake, grapes, and watermelon.
- Favorite thing when not swimming, biking, or running: Cooking, traveling, trekking at high altitudes, laughing
- Favorite Food: Ice cream, Xiao long bao, Pad See Ew, Malai Kofta Curry
- Blog: vidamindy.blogspot.com
- Favorite Countries Visited: India, Hong Kong, Nepal