Mindy needed an outlet for her endless energy after playing DI tennis at university and living abroad for several years, so she signed up for her first triathlon in 2009 with Team in Training. She's fallen in love with the sport ever since and become quite pleased to know that all those swim hours in high school are of benefit now. She kicked off her 2014 season by qualifying for Boston 2015 at the Rock n' Roll National Marathon, and her triathlon season includes MonticelloMan half, Rev3 Quassy Half...and possibly a few others along the way!
- Date of Birth/Location: Jan 5, 1983 in Salt Lake City, UT - and no, I'm not Mormon
- Years Racing: 5th year and no end in sight!
- Strengths on the course: Swim - the longer the better! and high-fiving spectators!
- Goals for 2014: Improve technique and increase power on the bike. Run like there's ice cream and grilled cheese sandwiches at the finish line.
- Nickname: Chainsaw Ko, "Are you gonna eat that" Ko
- Family Status: Loving life with another Snapple triathlete and our carpet of grease stains.
- Height: 5.075"
- Little known fact about me: My younger twin sister is a 2-time Olympic Trials marathoner and never ceases to amaze me.
- Favorite Races: Black Fly, Quassy Rev3
- Favorite Race Moment: Final 200 meters at IMMT 2014 on the cobblestone trail
- Favorite Portable Tool: Foam Roller
- Favorite thing when not swimming, biking, or running: Cooking, traveling, trekking at high altitudes, laughing
- Favorite Food: Ice cream, Xiao long bao, Pad See Ew, Malai Kofta Curry
- Blog: vidamindy.blogspot.com
- Favorite Countries Visited: India, Hong Kong, Nepal