- Hometown: Washington, DC
- Years Racing: 16
- Strengths on the course: cycling
- Goals for 2012: seek out some top 10 finishes while maximizing family time with my wife and our increasingly active toddler, Grayson, who currently thinks anyone in spandex is daddy.
- Currently on iPod: alternative rock, but truth be told, there's a lotta pop music on there
- Favorite Race: local races where I can warm up riding a second bike to the course in the morning
- Favorite Result: Top 10 and PR at the Washington, DC ITU World Championship Series (amateur race), and getting to hang out that weekend with Great Britain pros Tim Don, Alistair Brownlee, Kerry Lang and Helen Jenkins
- Favorite thing when not swimming, biking, or running: chocolate. It's a real problem. surfing. If there were waves close to DC, you'd never see me on a tri bike.
- Best thing I learned last year: don't skimp on swim training. It can totally take the fun out of the bike.