After swimming Division III in college, Stephanie got into triathlon during grad school. The friends she swam with in grad school were all triathletes, and they harassed her to try one until she finally gave in and signed up. She was hooked after her first race. She focuses on Olympic distance and half ironman distance triathlons.
- Hometown: Ithaca, NY
- Years Racing: 4
- Strengths on the course: Swimming
- Nickname: Steph (yes, it's very creative)
- Currently on my iPod: I don't own one. Athletes don't need music to train ;)
- Little known fact about me: I had to learn to walk a second time after I broke my leg jumping off the top of the monkey bars when I was two
- Favorite Race: Lake Stevens 70.3 and Seafair Sprint Triathlon, both of which are in the Seattle area where I used to live. The courses are fun and the swims never get canceled!
- Favorite Result: QWinning my elementary school's one mile turkey trot in 2nd grade. My prize was a turkey!
- Favorite thing when not swimming, biking, or running: Traveling internationally